Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Globe-trotting model: 'I think DC is really chic'

OK, so I am posting a lot today (some of which is a stretch to call D.C. politico fashion...) but it's recess for the next week. The new Capitol File was a nice read and I just love the styling they did for the Lauren Graham fashion shoot; she just looks amazing!

Here is a quote I found interesting about "chic" D.C. style from Hilary Rhoda, the globe-trotting, must-have, high-fashion model from Chevy Chase, Md.

CAPITOL FILE: What influence do you think growing up in DC had on your sense of style?

HILARY RHODA: I think DC is really chic, and having grown up there, I think that’s why my style is so classic. You can wear something simple and make it look fabulous without people saying, “Wow, look at that woman! What’s she wearing?” It’s always understated, sexy, and beautiful.
Nice in theory... To read the entire interview, which also lists some of Rhoda favorite D.C. shopping destinations, click here...

No comments: