Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lunchtime stroll spoiled by baby blue blah

While taking a gorgeous and leisurely post-lunch stroll a few minutes ago just north of the Capitol I spotted a quite tragic sight - which admittedly there are a lot of on the Hill. I know it is recess and most people are in their most casual of work attire, but there are just some things that should never even be manufactured let alone bought and worn.

I just saw Fox News' Greta Van Susteren in front of the Phoenix Park Hotel wearing the most horrific baby blue pant suit (it might even have been a polyester blend - that's how bad it looked.) Maybe the reason she was hiding behind her shades was the fact she knew just how bad she looked. I wish I had my camera or even cell with me so I could share it with all of you (not to induce any nightmares, but just as an FYI not to wear). The thing I don't understand is why she always looks so shlumpy. When you make that much money, and probably even have your own stylist, there is simply no excuse: The bad hair. The constant frown. The sloping shoulders. And of course the wardrobe. Fox, I plead, please do something with that one.

No comments: