Monday, June 4, 2007

Speaking of bad pantsuits and scarves...

Maybe it's living in the White House that does it to you, but Laura's taking a bad fashion cue from Hillary: bad pantsuits with even worse scarves (see below). As President Bush and the first lady waved goodbye to their home this morning for trip to Europe, Laura was sporting a terribly old-fashioned yellow and blue floral scarf, a boxy military-style pantsuit and flat sneaker-esque shoes with white trouser socks. Now I may take back my bad-suit statement if I can find a picture that shows a frontal view, but from the side and rear (there are two oddly placed buttons on her back), this is just a case of trying too hard to make a simple suit look good. (I've never actually seen a wrap suit jacket.) The only excuse I can come up with is that maybe it's because they're on their way to the Czech Republic and Poland, not the fashion capitols of Europe, and she wants to fit in?

– AP Photo/Ron Edmonds

No comments: