Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Livestrong trend die hard


So after I saw the photo of Tony Snow (see previous entry) and then after I came across this pic of FDA Commissioner Andrew von Eschenbach testifying on Capitol Hill (nice cuff links, just ditch the yellower-than-now bracelet), I wondered: When did it become OK to wear these so-2004 plastic bracelets with professional attire. And I secretly want to know which causes these men are supporting. I guess it's just me... Anybody else have an opinion - or more importantly, know what the bracelet says?

– AP Photo/Lauren Victoria Burke

****UPDATE****
After some Googling, I discovered that the White House press office handed out yellow bracelets to reporters in May that say "Tony Snow," who was just overcoming cancer himself. I am assuming now that he is wearing a bracelet with his name on it - like an ID tag, just plastically delicious.

2 comments:

Maxie said...

well i would geuss it's the traditional livestrong braclet

caphillbarbie said...

I hate to be a know-it-all, but Dr. von Eschenbach is actually a urologic surgeon/prostate cancer survivor. He ran the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and was head of the National Cancer Institute before becoming Commissioner of FDA and that is why he wears the Livestrong bracelet.