Wednesday, July 11, 2007

State meetings: Why-are-we-meeting-with-Macedonia edition

There are four fashion statements I'd like to compliment in this photo (best viewed if you click on it and make it large):

1. First off, I love Condi's peep-toe pumps, which have been showing up all over the White House lately (the first lady wore a pair yesterday, too). Finally, there is some exception to the stiff rule of no open-toe shoes. Peep toes are a great summer shoe - allowing a little air to flow while maintaining modesty and class (plus you can show off your pedicure). It's nice to see that politicians are trying to stay somewhat on top of the trends.

2. Just look at that bootylishousness (sp?) on the Secretary of State!

3. I know that skinny ties are trying to become a fashion trend for men, but I just love the big knots you get from thicker ties. The diagonal-stripe number on the Macedonian Foreign Minister, Antonio Milososki, just looks so chic (just ignore the fact his jacket is two sizes too big for him).

4. Not really fashion, but I just check out the decor of the State Department. I love the combination of the eggshell paint and all of the crystal. I guess that's where all our tax dollars are going...

– AP Photo/Gerald Herbert

No comments: