Friday, June 15, 2007

What a Croc contest!

Bill Press of "The Bill Press Show" (creative!) posted a pic of President Bush wearing a pair of Crocs - you know those terribly-ugly-but- everyone-claims-they're- soooo-comfortable plastic clogs - and is asking for creative captions. He's gotten what seems like more than a hundred.

Here are some of my favorite so far:

  • "Funding the Iraq War has taken it’s toll on the President’s wardrobe allowance.”
  • "Having just eluded the fashion police, Dubya vows never to take fashion tips from Condi Rice again.”
  • "Well, uh, Laura ain’t caught up on the laundry yet.”
  • "I have these socks so everyone can tell I’m the Prezedent.”
  • "With these Crocs and socks, I’ll bet ya didn’t even notice my Barney hat…did ya? Heh, heh, heh…”
  • "These are my INTELLIGENCE shoes…see the leaks?”
  • "Breaking News: Cheap watch maker Timex to join with cheap shoe maker Crocs in major joint advertising campaign. This planned media surge will promote the exciting new “Presidential Business Casual” look. After the break… Walmart introducing new presidential seal undershorts and matching socks line!”
To see all of the posts or to post your own, click here...

– Courtesy of (must I say it?) Anne Schroeder/politico.com

No comments: