Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rethinking the bracelet: Pin, set, match


While watching Fox News Sunday this morning with my boyfriend, he pointed out the fact that Fred Barnes was wearing a teal plastic bracelet (probably for prostate cancer, though a google search didn't show any correlation), and I thought about my posting again. So I don't really have any problem with the idea of the bracelets, I mean they're ugly, but that's not really my issue here. It's about wearing them with business suits - it just doesn't really work. I think the much more appropriate item to wear would be a lapel pin, or even a tie tack, or even both! in the shape of the cancer ribbon. Everyone's been wearing the American flag pin to show their patriotism, but you can even combine the two (see pin at left). This is a much more classy option for political figures who want to express their cause.

– AP

1 comment:

Maxie said...

I agree, the pin looks much more classy and still gets the message across.